We are a global interest group formed in 2021 with the aim to improve the information and education available to the educators of left-handed children around the world.
We plan to achieve this through:
- Surveys of schools and other education institutions to understand the current opportunities and obstacles in educating left-handed children
- Creating a voice for the development of education policies around the world that will assist left-handed children and their learning
- Developing and promoting resources to assist tertiary educators and their students’ develop classroom skills for teaching left-handed children
- Ensuring appropriate left-handed methods and tools are available to every left-handed child around the world
- Exploring research into handedness in the education setting
- Promoting news items in the left-handed world
Well over 10% of the world’s children are left-handed. We must ensure they are not disadvantaged in their education and life skills development because their teacher didn’t understand.